Thursday, October 10, 2013

SactoMoFo's Trucktoberfest 2013


SactoMoFo's Trucktoberfest 2013
 
 
Yup...another FOOD TRUCK EVENT hosted by SactoMoFo! My boyfriend
made a joke calling me a, "food truck groupie", I guess he's not too far off. We made a family affair out of the day with my boyfriend and our two girls, my parents and my brother. Because my hands were full with the baby...oh okay, and some beer...I'm still kicking myself in the butt for not getting around to more of the food trucks than I did which included Smoothie Patrol, Simply Southern Foods, Krush Burgers, Drewski's Hot Rod, Chando's Tacos, Bacon Mania, Swabbies, Volkswaffle, Dave Dawgs, Gameday Grill, Dave Pops, Green papaya, Tula Churros, Slightly Skewed, Big Red Bus, Rich's Ice Cream, Gyro King and the two food trucks all the way from San Francisco that I saved my taste buds for since we had never met...KOJA KITCHEN and THE CHAIRMAN!!!

 
Koja Kitchen's Teriyaki Zen Kamikaze Combo...(not my photo)
 


...and Kaia approves!
 
 


 
The Chairman's Coca-Cola Braised Pork with Savoy Cabbage & Preserved Yellow Mustard Seeds and Tender Pork Belly with Turmeric Pickled Daikon & Green Shiso both on a STEAMED bun...or you can order them baked...
 



...and again, Kaia was very satisfied!!!
 

 
But her favorite part of the whole day was playing with her friend Aubrey in the bounce house!!!
 
 
Also at Trucktoberfest was a Gourmet Potato Recipe Showdown hosted by Tasteful Selections which a handful of the food trucks participated in...and the winners...
 
 
... Tasteful Selection People's Choice Award went to Slightly Skewed! The Grand Prize winner of $1,000 was Swabbies' blue potato gnocchi, congrats winners!!!
 
For more information about upcoming SactoMoFo events visit www.sactomofo.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails